6.27.2014

an apple a day...


some of us really believe a chapter a day keeps the devil away.
we would never say it, but the only reason we read our bible is to check off the box on our christian responsibility checklist.

some of us believe an hour a day keeps the devil away.
a little better, but quite as ridiculous and much more common.
it's very interesting how we grow up knowing that intimacy with the Lord is important and then grow up thinking intimacy every day is a daily requirement (which is true) but then twist it into 'daily intimacy looks like an hour with God every day'.

it was never supposed to be a daily requirement in the checklist sense.
you're not intimate with your mate for a set period of the day - you're constantly fond of them and you constantly want to be with them.
This is how it should be with the Lord.

viewing intimacy as an hour requirement every day is just setting your 'tolerable limit'; which, to be honest, is what it sounds like to most of the people that I hear from.

but i am not one to judge. I can't even hold up my 'one hour'. I am now at the point where I'm blaming my 'lazy-side' for just reading a chapter a day and going through my prayer checklist. i'm doing the minimum, and I feel like a false and lazy man.

Lord, you are my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment