12.11.2013

Renaissance Man

Know something about everything and everything about something   T H Huxley

I've always wanted to be a Renaissance man. Well rounded, respectable, knowledgeable, wise in all ways.
Even picking a single major was difficult for me. I wanted to study everything. I still do.


After all these years, I realize God has fulfilled a little of my dream.
I started out in high school super focused in math and chemistry and physics.
Naturally, I went to college to study chemical engineering.

Two years ago I thought I wasn't up for the jobs of a chemical engineer. It seemed like a lot of solo work. It didn't seem like a good fit for me. I didn't like the JOB a lot.

So I switched to psychology and philosophy and minored in math. They were the two things that were REALLY interesting for me. I figured if I'm interested enough, then I'll enjoy whatever job it's attached to.

I graduated with a plan to be a missionary. I still have that plan.

I went to Cambodia (the country I was thinking about going to long-term - and still am) and came back with this hope to be a medical provider.

So now,

I have a little knowledge in chemistry and physics.
I have a lot of knowledge in psychology.
I have a lot of knowledge in math.

A lot of knowledge in philosophy - specifically mind and brain with little concentrations in theology.
And now I'm growing a lot of knowledge in medical.

I'm becoming well rounded and I didn't even realize it.
thank you god

No comments:

Post a Comment