9.13.2013

FREEDOM

Last week, shannon and cindy invited me to pray. it was so awesome.

as we prayed, it felt like atmosphere was shifting. for real. I started to feel really free.
I started feeling this call to 'change culture'.

I don't fully understand it, but I know what it looks like. And that's exactly how I like it.
It's me always being free in prayer, always being free in worship, always being free to share in bible study, always being free to say 'amen' during the sermon, always being free to share a word or encouragement.
Essentially, it's me walking in what the Lord is doing.
The thought of it sounds great. I am so excited. I got to release a word again. It feels like the first time in ages. I really understand and believe that you can't learn unless you try. And you can't do it right without risking messing up.
And messing up isn't a big deal. I only care what God thinks. And when He sees me go for it and He sees me do what I think is right, He is pleased. good enough for me.

This doesn't mean I'll be reckless though. You know my heart.

But anyways, this one phrase that came to me:
i'm in the business of changing church culture.and i'm gonna do it first hand. i change my culture and others will too if they like what they see and feel.
freshman year, baptizing people in the UT creeks. this is what i want to get back to - living god's culture out with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment