6.29.2010

made to love

made to love.

this has been my theme. it's revolutionary for me.
to realize that I was MADE for the sole purpose of loving God.
to know that my sole purpose can not help but flow outwardly causing me to love the people around me.
to realize that humanity was not made to deal and overcome the bad. (Adam was born into a paradise with NO sin and nothing bad at all!)
Our original purpose was to live in the glory of God.

later on this glory administered itself through the palm of grace in the presence of sin.

made to succeed.
I was created to be glorious as a creation, and glory-giving as a lesser-than-God being.
Success is in my blood - it's my purpose.

i was NOT made to fail.
because this would be in direct contrast to the supremacy of God.

i was NOT made to sin.
Adam was not made to sin - and He was formed in the image of God just as I was.
He was made to live and thrive in goodness and glory, just as I was created to last thru eternity.

my culture tells me I'm a failing, sinner - weak and powerless.
they tell me this even when they know that I'm a Christian.
My identity is glory-giver.
My identity recognizes that in order to give adequate glory to God, you have to be God.
However, grace has allowed Christ to be with me always; the Spirit to reside in me.
It has allowed God to possibly see my affections toward Him as refreshing;
It has allowed God to possibly see my ruminations as pleasant fragrances.

They tell me I'm weak, but I know and BELIEVE that I am empowered by Christ.

sinner is not my name.
glory-giver is.


____
thinking about introductions...

if my primary identity is Christ, should it be evident in the way that I introduce myself?

we often say 'hi, i'm tommy. i'm a freshman at UT. i'm studying bla bla bla, etc".
if we generally speak in the order that we view our identity (as shown above), then why is our Christian identity absent??

should we be saying "hi, i'm a Christian whose name is Tommy. I'm a freshman at UT. I'm studying bla bla bla, etc"?

OR would this be considered as 'flaunting Christ'. is flaunting Christ even a problem! are we not supposed to boast in the things that we know as true?

we know verbatum, b/c of Paul, to boast in our weakness. why shouldn't we boast in the strength that Christ has given us? [this is called a testimony].

my name is Glory-giver. I am part of a Great and Numerous Church.
My power is in the name of Christ.

2 comments:

  1. mm amen amen!! what a great post!!! i struggle with introducing myself right-away as a Christian too and it makes me sad. I would love for others to know that I'm a believer in love with God and that's whyyy I live the way I do.

    I think i choose not to because I don't want others to stereotype me & dismiss God right away. I'd much rather them observe the love of Christ in me and ask questions. But then at the same time, they may never ask...soooo iono! With some people, for some reason, I'm very comfortable bringing up religion and using that as a springboard to talk about my faith so that they know and can observe.

    It's been interesting here since i'm meeting a lot of people. I've told some but not others (mainly those whom I'm afraid of) I needa tell them soon. What an enlightening post. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see i see.
    yeah, i'm not sure what exactly we should be doing.
    the high standards aren't the problem - it's the small desire to listen afterwards.
    i think noticing might be better. if we are who we're supposed to be, they will notice we are Christian without us having to say anything.

    so reallyyy, the problem is that we're not living that obviously. like you said, we're scared/intimidated by some people

    ReplyDelete